[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Aries board pictures posted on my site

Posted By: Greg Schmidt
Date: Monday, 10 February 2014, at 6:50 p.m.

Folks, if any of you are fond of Aries boards, I just posted a new set of images of a Black cowhide board, with stripes down the center. A really nice example of Aries work from the mid '70s, it has been in storage since purchased.

https://sites.google.com/site/doublingcubes/excellent-black-aries-with-stripes

If anyone would like to take snapshots of their boards and post to my site, let me know. I am starting to try to figure out the "evolution" of the Aries boards from early days until they quit manufacturing in the ?80s? If you are aware of any interesting tidbits, etc I would appreciate a note. I have also figured out quite a few ways to tidy up an old board and would gladly share with you if you wish to fix up your older board. Most of it is fairly easy, just time consuming. Only things I don't recommend for novice are removing all hardware, and doing a complete refinish of the leather.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.