[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Six-primed #2

Posted By: Robert Chow
Date: Monday, 31 March 2014, at 7:56 p.m.

In Response To: Six-primed #2 (Timothy Chow)

After 44 I am now in gammon saving mode. With this in mind, I would play 6/2*(3), 8/4. I still retain very small winning chances. The ideal sequence would be White entering with 41, 31, 21, or 11 and I remake my 6 point with 11 or 22. (With 11, I assume 6/8(2)is better than 8/7(2), 4/3, 24/23.) Also, after entering on my ace-point, White could self-destruct by failing to leap my feeble looking four-prime; the anti-joker, 44, is always lurking.

The other options, 5/1*(2), 8/4(2) and 6/2*, 8/4(3), leave immediate shots and are more much likely to get extra checker(s) sent back. With 6/2*, 8/4(3), I am setting myself up for the wonderful sequence, White dancing followed by 65: 6/1*.

I'm glad you are posting this type of position. It's important to know how to defend against six-primes or make it as least painful as possible.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.