[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Six-primed #3

Posted By: HOMINID
Date: Tuesday, 1 April 2014, at 9:55 a.m.

In Response To: Six-primed #3 (Timothy Chow)

Be aware visual pollution follows, Advanced and WC players may be offended, swallowing hard can help.

Aha a prime versus prime problem. White has a bucket full of timing and will win. The best play is to resign and get on with the next game. Oh, white wants his Gammon, what to do to save it ? Well the more advanced the anchor the better 24/23* gives an opportunity to make it, virtually a forced play in the circumstance. This gives white even more timing maybe,oh dear. Now do I leave a blot on the six point or safety it. Some may think back game from the one and two points !!. I can see the scenario where white will not have to play six and five shots. Safety it? but white will maintain excellent timing . Blues home board is going to melt whatever is played, but we don't care as the object is to save the Gammon. I see no point in extrapolating this position, best played roll by roll. One could write a book about the various scenarios but your time would run out for sure. An overall picture is all that is required. Can blue save the Gammon? Of course he can. Can blue win the game, not a dog's chance in my book. Whatever the outcome you choose to pick all are possible. Blue may even win the game on a 4 cube but it aint going to happen today

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.