[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

'Group Lesson' - 300 Early Game Blitz Files

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 3 April 2014, at 5:42 a.m.

It seemed to me the interest was definitely good enough to keep going down this path. I received little post purchase feedback but that means no negative either. Much like the 300 holding game positions...I will C&P a lot from my original holding game cubes post.

There is no video with this group lesson. This is a collection of 300 early game blitz cube positions. All positions are taken from actual play. Some are from myself playing XG, many are from actual live matches posted here on BGO, others may cultivated from other bg sites. I've scanned hundreds of live matches searching for different types of positions recently.

The vast majority of positions are rolled out. The only ones that aren't rolled out generally agree on both the double/no double and take/pass decision by at least .040+. Rolled out positions are rolled out a minimum 1296 trials and a maximum of 5184 trials. I stopped the rollouts before 5184 trials any time I got to 99.9% confidence or above. There are actually some that are 10k or 20k trials because I let them run.

Every XG file contains some annotation from me in the comment section. It may be short and sweet or it may be long winded. It may contain recommendations for other variants or a hierarchy of what is important to note about the position. Even though the annotation isn't the most in depth I've ever produced if I took even a minute with each position (which I took much more on average esp. when you account for playing out positions and performing rollouts or analysis of similar positions) that right there is 300 minutes or 5 hours. A lot more work (time) went into these than any one single group lesson. (more into the early game blitzes than the holding games)

There will also be an introductory document pointing out the key points of early game blitzes in general. When a position has been included that is a big error one way or another be sure to check the notes. It has usually been lifted from an OtB Open division match posted here on BGO meaning between two decent players. I never included names but I did reset the positions to unlimited games. I only took big errors from live matches if they were from a normal score so the change over wouldn't affect the decision.

Lastly, since I am such a huge slacker I have decided to impose a rule on myself. I can't send the initial batch out until this coming Tuesday, the 8th but if anyone that has paid for these hasn't received them by the 9th I will fully refund your money and still send you the files. From the 9th forward if you buy this lesson and don't receive the files within' 24 hours I will do the same, refund your money and send you the files still. The price I've decided on for these $52. Buying them now will also guarantee that as my collection of these positions grow you will get them in the future for free. I will continue to add positions and roll them out. I will not guarantee to annotate future positions but will send out the files rolled out every 150 new positions.

Price $52
Paypal: checkmugged@yahoo.com

Admin

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.