[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Screw 4.0...I'm starting a better club

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Saturday, 5 April 2014, at 12:46 p.m.

Anyone can play under 4.0 and win. That's not much of an accomplishment and is not so surprising.

I am starting a +5.0 club, but you must win at least 10 matches against Giants while playing over 5.0 (I have 6 so far.)

These are the kinds of matches we need to promote backgammon. These are the kinds of players that prove that anyone can win and this will help increase attendance at tournaments.

This will also help donkeys enter more side pools and give away more money to the giants so they can afford to keep playing backgammon instead of being forced to play poker or, God forbid, try to make a living teaching.

So, please, start sending me your matches. By the way, Giants who play over 5.0 and beat other Giants also qualify....I have plenty of those matches saved as well!

Finally we have a club that more of us can join and finally we have a club that will inspire! (If you can consistently play under 4.0 you probably already have enough recognition.)

Carter, are you listening? This is a club for you, too!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.