[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Notes on Streaming etc...

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 21 April 2014, at 6:26 a.m.

I understand that the quality of the streaming can't be perfect for various reasons but I think we could do better than a few of the videos from Nordic this year under the same circumstances.

Pick the best color of dice for contrast - In the matches I transcribed both dice being white was a much better choice than the black dice. I don't think this is hard to figure out before a match starts by looking at the video feed.

Turn off auto focus - The MCG/Wells match was particularly annoying. It would refocus all the freaking time and go blurry blurry then back to normal which wasn't perfect to begin with.

Signage if players go on break - This is more the players' responsibility and in all the matches I've encountered so far everyone did this except MCG/Wells.

Bottom of the board/screen cut off - I don't know if this can be avoided but if it can it'd be a big help. It's not just annoying because of cutting off the checkers, when the dice are rolled against the edges of the board they disappear. That means anyone trying to transcribe has to wait for the move and figure out what was rolled.

I skipped trying to transcribe Olsen/Kristensen match because it was such a strain to try to see the dice every turn. Maybe I'd have been able to manage with the white dice.

Players could also help when they played if they didn't unnecessarily stack checkers one on top of the other or they didn't reach for the dice before it was their turn. Proper mechanics should be followed because of the rules but it'd also help out someone trying to put the match into XG later.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.