[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another !@*& snake-eyes that I had no clue about (no, that's not nactation)

Posted By: David Presser
Date: Monday, 9 June 2014, at 5:19 p.m.

In Response To: Another !@*& snake-eyes that I had no clue about (no, that's not nactation) (Timothy Chow)

Using two aces to make the 5 we are left with two more aces. I see a few candidate plays. Generally, with a stronger board (given that I made the 5) and a race lead, I would start advancing the back checker in order to clear it and knowing my opponent isn't going to hit it loose (only make a point on head if dice permit).

I think this is an exception because of the additional potential on the offensive side and following cube efficiency. I see the 8/7(2) play which duplicate 6s on both sides of the board but reject it because I am jeopardizing my race lead. My play is 11/9. It starts a potential valuable point (the 9 pt) which is within 5 pips of the farthest point that I have (the 4 pt) and given that my opponent rolls average (suppose 42 making his bar), almost all my 6s play well on the offensive side (except for 63 which isn't bad either).

Taking all into account and if my opponent doesn't roll anything special, I am inclined to cube next, especially ATS.

Therefore, 11/9, 6/5(2) is my play.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.