Introducing FlashBack, for Android and iOS
Posted By: Jeremy Bagai
Date: Monday, 10 November 2014, at 5:10 p.m.
Iíve just released a free Backgammon Flash Card app for Android and iOS devices called FlashBack.
Play Store (Android) link here. App Store (iOS) link here.
FlashBack helps you absorb large sets of essential backgammon information by presenting flashcards according to an optimized learning algorithm. Each card shows a question. Tap on the question to see the answer. Choose Hard, So-So, or Easy to rate the card. In Train-mode, cards rated Hard will be shown more often than cards rated Easy.
Decks in this initial release:
. . . with more decks on the way.
- The Opening Roll at all scores in a 5-point match
- Two and Three Checker Bearoff cube actions.
- Match Equity Values in the 9-point match
- Take Points (Live Cube and Dead) in the 9-point match
- Multiple board themes
- Adjustable animation speed
- Practice pip-counting with Show/Hide pips
- Tap on a play to see it demonstrated on the board
- Swap position to view Cube Action from Doubler's or Taker's perspective
- Hints! Backgammon theory organized by topic.
I hope youíll check it out. You can see a demo at my (revamped) website here. But why demo when the app is free? :)
Iíll try to read comments and answer questions on this site. But if you want to be sure your thoughts are preserved and taken into account for future releases, please post them on the new Fortuitous Press Forums. We need your feedback, thanks.
Messages In This Thread
BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.