[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Page count

Posted By: Jake Jacobs
Date: Sunday, 16 November 2014, at 1:43 p.m.

Anyone know how many pages the collected works of Danny and WGR total? Not the non-backgammon writing on other games, just their respective totals for their backgammon books.

Back in the nineties, after publishing two books and quite a few articles I figured I was either the third most prolific backgammon writer, or was getting there. But Danny and Bill, with a decade's head start, were both way out front, Danny in the lead.

Then a funny thing happened: they stopped writing, and I didn't.

After Four-Point came out I started combining all of my articles into a book. One that would need a lot of editing, but having them all in one place, in order, would make things easier than they were for Four-Point. I envisioned writing another book on a technical subject with all new material, then doing a reissue like Four-Point, then another new book, then another collection, to infinity and beyond. I did work on my book of five-point matches, but meanwhile I kept collecting articles, and collecting articles, and collecting articles. My first two books totaled 320 pages, but I have published over fifteen hundred pages since then.

I suspect I have passed Robertie, and am closing in on Danny as the most prolific backgammon author of all time. That, and an opening 31 will get me my 5pt. But I'd still like to know.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.