[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Real Question with 43S-33A-F-C

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Sunday, 1 February 2015, at 6:15 p.m.

In Response To: Position from the Chou (Stick)

Robertie and others knew the correct cube action in this position more than thirty years ago, before MCG had even thought about being born.

A much more timely, interesting and difficult question is this: For what scores in a 7pt match is this position a no double, for what scores in a 7pt match is this a double/take, and for what scores in a 7pt match is this a double/pass?

Asking Stick if he can accurately figure out all these in his head over the board.

There is also another important question related to this position. We know that White fanned, but we do not know with what number White fanned. Does it make a difference? Most people think not, but I believe that it matters. I am not so upset if I fan with 63 in this position, but I am really upset if I fan with 66. It is worse to fan with 66 than with any other number because you waste more pips.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.