[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Most disliked TV/radio sports announcers (OT)

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Wednesday, 26 March 2008, at 5:39 p.m.

Reading Stick's latest rant (one of which I think he just deleted, along with my response), I thought this might be a fun diversion. Here are just a few of mine, not necessarily in order:

1) Nance+Packer (NCAA B-ball). For most of his assignments (e.g. golf) I like Jim Nance. But he kisses Packer's butt, and that's a mighty stinky, self enamored butt. Packer sucks.

2) Michaels+Madden. John Madden is washed up, I'm sad to say. I mean you gotta like a guy who goes from assignment to assignment in a tour bus because he hates flying. (At least I gotta like him because I share his disdain for air travel.) He used to be insightful because of his years of NFL coaching experience. That's gotten stale over the years. And he's clueless when it comes to risk/reward while pretending to know something about it. Michaels, like Packer, is best summed up by saying "he sucks!". What a know-nothing.

3) Mushberger+anybody. He has a lot of enthusiasm and energy, but he seems so insincere/phony.

4) Keith Jackson (NCAA football, anymore just Pac-10.) This guy has won many awards but for the life of me I can't figure out why. He's so cliched, and most of the time what he says is either obvious or obviously wrong.

5) Paul Page (ABC auto racing, etc.) This guy is a COMPLETE buffoon. He got his first announcing job when a legend (Sid Collins) died suddenly after 25 years as radio announcer of the Indy 500. He somehow ratcheted that job into ABC's key racing announcer position. Typical of ABC Sports's history of hiring worthless announcers, they snared him and kept him on board. ABC sucks!!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.