[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Greatest Loser Prop

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Wednesday, 26 March 2008, at 6:49 p.m.

I don't know how many of you (probably not many) have ever watched the US TV show Greatest Loser so I'll describe the rules and the situation/prop that came up last night:

Six people remained (before last night's cut). They eliminate one person a week for three weeks. For the final show, the three remaining contestants vie for a winner-take-all prize of $250k. No one else (to my knowledge) gets a penny.

The elimination each of these three weeks goes as follows:

Each person is weighed (to the nearest pound) and their percentage loss for that week is computed. The two who lost the least are up for elimination from the contest. Others are "safe" for the week. Those not up for elimination that week (i.e. all but two) vote on who stays and who goes. (I don't know what happens if the vote is a tie. For the third week when only four remain, I'm not sure if they change the rules -- maybe it's simply the person who loses the least is out since otherwise only two would be voting.)

Last night, due to winning some intermediate contest, one specfic player was given the following prop:

You may (no strings attached) accept $10k or -1 lb for this week's weigh-in only. Which do you want?

FWIW, the typical losses in these weigh-ins are 5-6 lbs per person. There have been some double digit losses and there have been some who didn't lose anything (or even gained).

What would you advise this contestant to do??

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.