[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cutoff date for group rate in Charlotte -- Don't wait!

Posted By: TarHeelFan
Date: Saturday, 15 August 2015, at 12:36 p.m.

Every year we have trouble with the hotel around how long they keep our room block open. The hotel standard is to cut off the group rate two weeks before the event. I keep telling them backgammon players wait until the last minute, but they never seem to believe me. As things stand right now:

• I put 8/26 in the flyer, but the contract actually says 8/24
  • The Crowne Plaza's central reservation line show the cutoff as 8/18

I have requested that the hotel move the cutoff to at least 8/24, per the contract, and 8/26 if possible. I have not heard back. Please don't wait to book. There could be issues after 8/18, and I'll be at the beach all next week. If you do have issues, email me. But you may not get a same-day reply. We've never failed to get a room for a player who wanted one, but there is always a first time.

The good news is that there are at least 5 other hotel within a 5 minute walk, and at least three of them will, I'm sure, offer a lower rate. So the Worst Case Scenario isn't all that bad.

• Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
    Your E-Mail Address:
    Subject:
    If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.