[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Training ground (Backgammon Studio)

Posted By: Terje Pedersen
Date: Saturday, 26 September 2015, at 11:22 a.m.

Hi!

I have just added a training ground feature on my backgammon server:

where you can train on positions where you have made an error in the past.

After you switch to your private database (requires an account upgrade) the 'Training ground' button will show up. If you have uploaded no or too few matches to your private database you will not see any 'Start' buttons as there are too few positions to create any challenges from (minimum 10).

If you do have some matches uploaded you will get an image like the above that will show you areas where you have made errors. If you have made 10 or more -0.500 or worse errors then the level 1 button will show up. And so on.

Clicking on a 'Start' button will give you a chance to create a challenge based on the errors the server found in this category or to play an existing challenge already created.

Once you get a score of 8 of 10 or better you will be able to advance and another start button shows up as you can see in the above picture for 'Middle game'. I had already completed a challenge at level 6 so I can now give level 7 a try.

Depending on how many errors there are at any level you may not be able to create a new challenge on the next level:

as you can see in the above picture where holding game row has two Start buttons with a 'too few' button in between.

The 'reset training' button isn't functional at the moment but I suspect you may want to start over at some point perhaps after you have uploaded a lot more matches.

I just completed this a few minutes a go so the occasional bug or two could be there but it looks like it is working as expected.

Backgammon Studio

Start your training now! :-)

TP

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.