[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

First BMS(US) Tournament/What David didn't say

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 3 November 2015, at 7:48 a.m.

In Response To: First BMS(US) Tournament (David Presser)

What David did not say in his post:

I support this event and have donated money to it because I think BMS is a most worthy project that benefits the game.

It clearly demonstrates that Backgammon is primarily a game of skill, as long-term results and statistics will prove.

BMS is also important in that it gives us an opportunity to identify and honor those players who have achieved great skill and are willing to put their reputation on the line to prove it publicly in a controlled environment where there is no question of external aids. Every game needs its heroes and superstars, and BMS will help create and recognize them. (I have no hidden agenda here, as I am clearly not a contender for the superstar, or grandmaster status.) Most of the top Midwestern players have already signed up.

Further, special competitions like this simply draw more attention and interest to the game, and that's only good for the game.

What David did not mention is that they could use more donations and to make this event even better. The three directors, and a few other volunteers and supporters like myself, are donating a lot of time, energy and money to make this a classy event with good recording equipment, quality transcription and reporting, and decent prizes for the winners. Additional support in terms of donations can only make this event better. Donations will also help the ability to stream many of the matches. And the equipment purchased will be available for future competitions around the country.

If you would like to help and be known as a sponsor as well, donations of $50 and up are most welcome. All sponsors will be recognized at the event and on the web site.

You can donate by paypal to Dmitriy at dmitriyobukhov@gmail.com or you can contact Dmitriy by email to arrange to send a check.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.