[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Cluster Counting Flashcards and Presentation

Posted By: RobertFontaine
Date: Wednesday, 25 November 2015, at 12:01 a.m.

Some of the material we are studying in the School of Fish is public domain so I thought I would share what I can... (More will follow in the coming weeks.)

On schoolofish.org under Public/Shared Files

After 30 years I have committed to learning how to count... 1-2-3 done.

I have placed a presentation and Anki flashcards of Jack Kisanes classic Cluster Counting method and extensions by Dean Gay from found on Backgammon Galore.

There is also a readme.txt on how to intall and setup Anki which you will want to read. (there is a trick).

The first week cluster counting makes your eyes bleed. The second it induces headaches and nausea. The third week aversion takes place but slowly it sinks in.

This is intended as an intermediate step between using something like Terje's Pip Counting game at BackgammonStudio.com or the PipCounterFree app on Android. Which will then hopefully bring you/me to the point where counting OTB or online is neither slow nor painful and the game is just a little bit richer.

Thanks, Robert

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.