[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

One more thing about the Giants list

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Tuesday, 23 February 2016, at 3:43 a.m.

Whatever you may think of the Giants list as a system, it is wrong to question the validity of the rankings or the merit of the players on it.

My ballot did not align 100% spot for spot with the actual 32 players on the Giants list. As a result I think some people should have been higher and others should have been lower.

However, I respect the voting process and the Giants list. Even if I don't think the list itself is perfect and may have drawbacks, I respect the players who have been voted onto the list as the Giants that they are. Questioning the worthiness of those who were not on my ballot would be improper, and it would also call into question the integrity of the list itself and of every other player on it, myself and others included, as well as all of the previous 22 years. Imagine how you would feel if you managed to make the list only to have people tell you you didn't deserve to be there.

If there was wrongdoing, then that should be addressed. I have not heard any evidence of wrongdoing but I am sure that the committee would gladly review it. If someone is unclear on what 'wrongdoing' means, it is along the lines of 'stuffing the ballot box' or 'mass ineligible voting' and not just 'voting for people I didn't' or 'more voters than usual from a country other than the one I live in'.

So, stop it. It's wildly inappropriate and childish.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.