[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG not allowing Cube Opportunity?

Posted By: Albert Steg
Date: Wednesday, 24 February 2016, at 5:10 p.m.

In a recent thread I learned how the XG ID position includes a "Cube Limit" in the final digits of the ID string, and how accidentally trimming off the final '0' was stopping me from being able to re-cube in a position I was trying to practice.

However, I'm finding I am experiencing a similar problem whatever position I paste into XG. For instance, I'm setting up the following position:

XGID=aBCBB--------C-------AcdB-:1:1:1:00:0:0:3:0:10

1) I Paste in the position

2) I select 'Play From Position' from the Setup menu

3) I Select 'Champion' (or other setting) for 'Top Player'

4) Checking the 'Options' tab I confirm that it has 1054 for Cube Limit and click OK.

5) I hit Space Bar to get my roll.

6a) I make my play and click space bar to enter it.

6) XG rolls for Top Player, makes a play . . . and immediately ROLLS AGAIN FOR ME

. . . in other words, its not allowing me a cube decision before my roll. It *does* allow me to Double right away, as my first action, rather than rolling the dice.

It doesn't seem to matter what playing Mode (Coaching, Competition) I'm in.

Other times, setting up a similar scenario, it provides me the doubling opportunity for the first few exchanges but then starts auto-rolling. It seems to me that it often stops 'asking' me after I chose to Roll in a position that the 'Coach' says I should have doubled -- as though my punishment for not properly doubling is to no longer have the chance to double.

I'm running XG on a Mac, via Crossover.

Any help?

White is Player 2

score: 0
pip: 42
Unlimited Game
Jacoby Beaver
pip: 130
score: 0

Blue is Player 1
XGID=aBCBB--------C-------AcdB-:1:1:1:00:0:0:3:0:10
Blue on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.