[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Doubling positions with an opponent skill gap.

Posted By: TraumaBG
Date: Monday, 2 May 2016, at 7:06 p.m.

Since I’ve only recently starting taking Backgammon seriously and studying there still exists a skill gap between myself and the better players I play with. Is there any consideration to adjusting my match equity in doubling situations to account for the skill gap? I’ve read about better players taking into account their skill edge over a player in regards to the match score results of a cube decision, but what about the opposite? For example an opponent correctly cubes me at 2 away 6 away and if I drop I will be a crawford. Am I out of line taking this cube with the intention of auto doubling to 4 even if it seems like a drop? I know what a hopeless position looks like where taking is clearly wrong but with situations I find border line should I adjust to taking more and giving the cube back? Thanks for any feedback.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.