[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Great News for Baffle Box Fans and P-40 Board lovers

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Saturday, 7 May 2016, at 12:54 a.m.

People who reserved one of the first 100 special run, numbered P-40 backgammon boards have been notified to go to the web site and choose their color and checker options and complete their reservation. A couple of people who had reservations have cancelled, deciding to wait to get a board with their own custom colors and checkers instead of the 3 choices we are offering for the first run. So, if you are interested, we have 2 or 3 numbers available and you can reserve one of these numbered boards now by emailing me.

Once the web site is fully-operational buyers will be able to finalize purchases and accept payment by paypal or credit card, and the board will ship in a couple of days. I am excited to say that shipping in the US is probably going to be less than $25 to most places and overseas probably under $40 to most places. Also, we are not charging extra for packaging. The price of the board with dice, cups, and a large cube that holds 8 dice is $795.00. When you see the quality of the board, with the metal-rimmed checkers, ultimate suede surface, and meticulous engineering, you will see, as so many buyers have, the tremendous value.

When placing the final order buyers will have the ability to purchase accessories including extra dice, extra cubes, extra checkers, a board cover, and what excites me most is our newly-designed baffle box.

This clear plastic box lies flat in the board and then pops together in one easy motion. It has grooves in the base to fit securely on our board rails.

I will miss watching Ed O'Laughlin and Bob Glass trying to assemble my current baffle box, but it's worth it. And of course this new box will fit inside most standard boards and work well, but the grooves may not line up just right for other boards, so I recommend you simply buy one of our boards (or maybe use a file and make some new grooves of your own).

Don't ask me the price of the baffle box yet, but I can assure you it will be very reasonable as one of my goals in life is to cover the earth with baffle boxes, and making them easy to use and low cost is the best way to make that happen. Even if you are not a fan of baffle boxes, you might want to buy one of these simply because the design is so cool.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.