[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

That old chestnut, 51S-21

Posted By: neilkaz
Date: Tuesday, 16 August 2016, at 3:43 a.m.

In Response To: That old chestnut, 51S-21 (David Rockwell)

I wish you were there to watch me play it vs an older foreign guy in the Masters in LA several years ago. It pissed him off instantly. Soon I was cubed, about a 0.090 error and then a bad dance followed by a joker pinned me to a 5-1 backgame. Normal dice would have left me with a much better backgame holding 3 or possible 4 points in his board.

The game looked like a horror show as I had to leave more blots to not trash my forward position and kept entering on the 24 pt. Soon, I had 8 checkers on the 24 pt and 2 on the 20 pt. Thankfully a 4 saved me from wrecking my board as I could step up 24/20 and then hop.

My opp had some trouble clearing his bar point and developed an awkward position inside his board and finally blotted on the bar pt.

Later his take of my recube was beyond BK menu bad and I then closed out two checkers and he rolled his big dub to save G on the last roll. That didn't save his match and he was on edge and not playing nor cubing well after that!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.