[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Proof that MCG has still got it

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 9 October 2016, at 11:17 p.m.

The other night after a huge sushi dinner with lots of drinking we, went to Kenji's bar, NeverNeverLand, and there 6 of us played as a full-consulting team against someone who was permabox. The permabox played for $2,000 a point and each of us had various pieces of the action.

On our team, in addition to me and Kenji and others were two world champions, Akiko and Jorgen. Of course we had many plays that we disagreed about and I took pictures of many. In the end we almost always made Matt's preferred play and EVERY ONE was right. Of course, Akiko and Jorgen did not often disagree with Matt, but he was pretty much the final word. Perhaps he had the least amount of Saki and beer and the shots we were drinking as we played until early in the morning.

I know you are probably wondering what happened...the permabox ended up winning 11 points and the team lost. There was one other winner because of two side bets, and maybe he was really the smartest one of the group.

And to top it off, Matt proved again that he is the best as he beat me in the 3rd round of the tournament to knock me out. And he really didn't seem to be nervous about playing me at all. (during the match I tried to help him and advise him on several plays but he made what I think was the wrong play anyway.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.