[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

loadstone222@gmail.com

Posted By: Dave Zick
Date: Wednesday, 28 December 2016, at 9:49 a.m.

Fifteen men on the bar....symmetrical starting position. Sometimes I think that, during some rollouts, the bots are like bloodhounds on the scent of a summit trail. Their strategy is to sniff out four steps ahead to find the local maxima. This could lead them to the wrong ridge..or wrong summit.

For example, take gnu. I believe that ex gammon is similar but just much slower...Edit gnu and start the position with fifteen men apiece on the bar. Play it a few times that way...It just cannot find the trail...there is insufficient structure. With enough practice playing this position you will soon be such a huge favorite that you can give gnu a point to play you....So...the bots are not always right...They just usually are.

In practice during normal match or money play there are highly structured positions..where the bots rule...and then there are transitional phases...play is fluid. Here is where I would first search for bot blunders...

Inverse problems and my previous post: It really should not matter how well or poorly we play our 1000 blitz one pointers....the bots will give us its data...it is a black box and we are shining light on it...getting back scattering data..with enough data its PR will be exposed.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.