[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Making an error to lower your PR

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2017, at 12:10 p.m.

The position below arose in game #3 of this 7pt match. The first two games were of average length/decisions. (22 moves each) Now I know I'm supposed to cash this because of the 5 missing numbers and the super slim chance that I win a gammon anyway but if I'm playing for the ultra impressive PR this become a clear cut play on. I know the error is going to be tiny for taking a roll here instead of cashing because things rarely go wrong even when I roll one of my 5 worst numbers.

If I would have ended the game here my total PR for the match thus far is 1.86. In the game itself as an experiment I decided to play on to see the difference and by the end of the game my PR was down to 1.15! I got credit for roughly another 30 moves and I don't know how many cube decisions were included. One of the many ways PR can be manipulated even in regular play OtB.

White is eXtremeGammon

score: 2
pip: 58
7 point match
pip: 112
score: 4

Blue is Stick
XGID=--aBBBBBA--AAA----Aa-bcdd-:1:1:1:00:4:2:0:7:10
Blue on roll, cube action?

eXtreme Gammon Version: 2.10

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.