[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Trouble in Paradise

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 8 August 2017, at 8:51 a.m.

My flight left Monday morning at 6AM from Nice (Nice to Madrid to Chicago) and I was being picked up at 4 AM so there was no point going to sleep Sunday night. So after doing some emails and work I sauntered down to the playing room hoping to find some fish, and here were my choices in the room, all ready to play me:

Gus, Sander, Svobo, Mochy, MCG, Akiko, Victor, Joe Russell, Arkadiy, Humke, Jorgen, Marc Olsen, Falafel, Michy, Kenji, Tino Lechich, Nevzat...and I am sure I am missing a few others (I apologize if I left your name off this list) and of course there were a few other less-famous tournament players in the room who were well-known cash players.

I doubt that there has ever been a tougher gathering of money players in one place in the history of the game (not playing in a tournament at the time). All they all seemed very happy to see me!

Marc Olsen and a couple of others were playing Pasko Gammon, Gus was playing chess, Svobo was playing some crazy prop, and I played some Pineapple Bluff Gammon with Akiko and MCG. I think a few people were actually playing regular backgammon.

So after about an hour or so, I did the smartest thing a player like me could do in that situation: I took Akiko and MCG to the restaurant for a snack rather than keep playing them.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.