[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG settings to stop rollouts of moves better than m% or worse than n%

Posted By: leobueno
Date: Friday, 11 August 2017, at 8:11 p.m.

Say I have a checker play that has several possible candidates. I highlight 4 moves and click the rollout icon. XG rolls *all* of plays no matter what I do to 1296 games, which is "Max. # of games".

What I would like to happen is for the rollout to weed out the bad plays--and stop rolling those out--and also stop when it identifies the likely best play.

My rollout Options and Settings have two options, which I set to 648, because I want all plays to get rolled out no less than 648 games; they are:

Minimum Number of Games

Minimum Games

I actually don't understand the difference between "Minimum Number of Games" and "Minimum Games", but I set them to the same number to avoid this being what is preventing me from reaching my objective.

I also have checked:

Stop if top move has 99.0% chances to be the best

Stop a move if it has 1.0% chances to be the best

I would expect, for example, that if a play has less than 1.0% chance of being best, XG will stop rolling it once it hits 648 games (plus a couple more since I allow multiple threads).

What am I doing wrong?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.