[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG .mat file parse problem

Posted By: Terje Pedersen
Date: Sunday, 20 August 2017, at 10:08 a.m.

Hi!

In connection with adding the luck data I noticed that about 100 matches had some inconsistent values in the database causing the calculation to fail. When importing these matches again I ran into one which caught my eye:

Oops that is a lot of errors. Usually 1 or 2 can be expected but that was just too many and checking the XG file:

That doesn't look good. Then checking the text file:

22) 64: 12/6 13/9 64: 3/0 3/0

Game 7
Ray Fogerlund : 3 Mary Hickey : 7
1) 63: 24/18 13/10
2) 63: 24/18 18/15* 31: 25/24 13/10*

between Game 6 and Game 7 there is no "Wins X points" so XG just continues and adds moves from the next game into the current game.

This is fixable by adding correct end for Game 6:

23) 12: Wins 2 points

and now it handles this transition better. Turns out there was another one in the same file:

29) 32: 16/13 13/11 11: 2/1 2/1 1/0 1/0

Game 11
Ray Fogerlund : 6 Mary Hickey : 10
1) 41: 13/9 24/23

which can be fixed in the same way.

I suspect I were importing hundreds of matches at a time when filling up the database with matches so I missed this problem earlier.

It would be sweet if XG handled this situation better. Then again I suspect the problem isn't too common. A quick check in my database revealed:

So there are a few matches I need to take a closer look at.

Backgammon Studio The Swiss army knife of backgammon!

Best regards,

TP

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.