[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Feedback requested: Social media topics

Posted By: April Kennedy
Date: Thursday, 31 August 2017, at 7:19 p.m.

Hello there!

Since quite a few people responded to a recent post of mine and requested more information (and even a guide) on how to grow your club through social media, I decided to start to put some thoughts together. I believe that there is a huge amount of interest in backgammon, that just needs to be captured and developed. I also think that there are many in the local clubs who are willing to put time and effort into growing their attendance and attracting new players. However it is sometimes hard to know where to start. I am happy to put some information out there, based on my marketing experience and what we have found to be successful here in MN.

Below are some high-level topics that I can expand and write more about, but first I would would like to get some feedback from you. I would like to make the information digestible and actionable. Take a look at this list and let me know if you would find this information valuable and if there are any specific questions or topics you would like to see covered. Also, what have you been doing locally that should be included here?

Building your club through social media, topics:

• What is social media marketing and why is it important? (It’s about community and connection. Be conversational and friendly. Social is effective because the people who you want to attract are already there, we just need to engage them.)
  • Where do I start? (Assess your clubs strengths/weaknesses, determine who you want to attract, create a plan)
  • What social media platforms are most effective for growing my club? (Many social media channels to choose from. For clubs, Facebook and Meetup are mainstays)
  • What should I post and how often? (Important to not have a “dead” social media channel, ideas on what types of content to post and what formats work on social)
  • How to engage and retain newcomers? (What is a newcomer’s experience when they do attend, what is your follow up plan to help retain them)
  • How to know if your efforts are making a difference (Building social media and sustained growth takes time, how to measure your success).

Social media is, at it's core, about engaging a community and making connections, so I am setting a good example and engaging with you first. :) Let me know if you would find the above valuable. I am most interested in hearing from those who are able and willing to jump in and work. You can be anyone with vision, you don't have to be the club director, although it would be helpful to work together with them and really have the whole club engaged in the effort.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.