[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Possible Group Lesson!? - Cluster Counting

Posted By: Stick
Date: Sunday, 7 January 2018, at 10:07 p.m.

I've been tinkering with this backgammon thing the past couple of weeks slowly creeping into a project long overdo. The entire project itself is a massive amount of work and if I was the betting type of person, it will never see the light of day (from me). However, let's be optimists and say that it will. Parts of it I will be piecing out over time if there's interest.

Now you can read Jack Kissane's excellent article on Cluster Counting but it's only the tip of the iceberg. Haven't you always wanted to be able to count a position in 10 seconds instead of 30? (or even faster or slower depending) There are many counting methods available out there and I'm convinced that if you devote your time to any one of them you will have a great deal of success. I've picked and stuck with Cluster Counting over the years and it has allowed me to grow my database of familiarity with it greatly. I'd like to share this with anyone who wants to fork over the money to see what I've put together and how it's used.

So next Sunday the 14th if there is sufficient interest I will hold a group lesson. I will not do it if enough people don't sign up ahead of time. These days things have to be worth my time or I've stopped doing them. The cost is $50 and I expect the lesson itself may run 2 hours to cover everything thoroughly and allow those who are participating in the lesson itself to work out problems on their own. There is no min/max time attached. However long it takes to get through the material is how long we'll spend.

If you are interested in the recording but can't participate at the scheduled date/time please let me know also in advance. It will help determine whether I do it or not. Reply to this thread or email me: checkmugged@yahoo.com

Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.