[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Magriel GoFundMe Campaign?

Posted By: Albert Steg
Date: Tuesday, 23 January 2018, at 2:48 p.m.

This morning I received what seems like a really fishy email (copied below) promoting a Paul Magriel GoFundMe campaign to support a writing project. Aside from this email being anonymous, it just seems really dubious on the face of it because of the incoherence of certain statements (for example it tells me to keep something secret that he's obviously spamming to a large community). Also, the campaign was started 5 days ago, but there has been no promotion that I've seen in any of the usual BG communities like this forum, or at the NY Metro this weekend.

Can someone who is in touch with Paul either confirm this is legit, or alert him to this activity if it is spurious? If spurious, can someone familiar with GoFundMe perhaps contact their security department about it?

Albert Steg Cambridge, MA

===============================================================

From: blank <HelpMagriel@protonmail.com> Subject: Help Backgammons Paul Magriel Date: January 22, 2018 at 9:34:23 PM EST To: Reply-To: blank <HelpMagriel@protonmail.com>

Hello I'm writing to enlist your help in spreading the word of a Gofundme page for Backgammon's Paul Magriel.

https://www.gofundme.com/t7mn9d-backgammon-research-and-writing

As I'm sure you're aware he advanced the game and wrote Backgammon often referred to as "The Bible" of the game.

Paul has many ideas he wants to write about in another book or two detailed below.

However, Paul needs help he is [TEXT DELETED IN CASE IT IS SENSITIVE INFORMATION - Albert]

PLEASE don't tell anyone but to put it bluntly Paul is [TEXT DELETED IN CASE IT IS SENSITIVE INFORMATION - Albert]

Paul still has many ideas about the game which he wants to write about and get out before his limited time is up.

Paul additionally has ideas about Poker, like his M-ratio, he would like to advance-here's a clip of Paul taking out World Poker Champion Phil Hellmuth at the World Series of Poker 2005.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUF7UqftIzc

I am an old friend of Paul's who wants to stay anonymous-I'm sure Paul will guess who I am-spreading the word about his Gofundme page.

I don't know anything about Backgammon, we worked together in a totally different area, but I know he's a genius in certain things like Backgammon and hopefully he can leave some more of that behind.

The last time we met [TEXT DELETED IN CASE IT IS SENSITIVE INFORMATION - Albert]

So if If you could please help spread the word about his Gofundme page we both would appreciate it.

Thank you for you time.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.