[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Look who is coming to California State!

Posted By: Candace Mayeron
Date: Thursday, 22 November 2018, at 1:54 a.m.

With only ten days until the CALIFORNIA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP we already have an impressive roster of players. Goddess bless the point-chasers! The CAL STATE is the last ABT tournament of the year, and the last opportunity to earn those ABT points.

JUST L@@K WHO IS COMING!!

Ten of the Top Twelve on the current ABT Standings are set for Los Angeles. They are: Richard Munitz, Roberto Litzenberger, Dmitriy Obukhov, Audronis Zunde, Michael Neagu, Chris Knapp, Karen Davis, Steve Sax, Ernest Ho and Bob Glass. Also highly ABT ranked are: Mark Antranikian, Cary Hoarty, Brian Lonergan, Frank Talbot, David Klausa, Dennis McFarlin, Mario Savan and white-hot Allen Tish. (Neil Kazaross had to cancel at last minute. He thinks he’s coming down with something.)

Don’t see some of the strongest names? Don’t worry, they will be here, chasing points: Victor Ashkenazi, Chris Trencher, John O’Hagan, Leyla NeedsNoLastName, Sam Ahmed, Dana Nazarian, Carol Joy Cole, Joe Russell, Bob Wachtel and Ray Fogerlund.

There’s more! Spoilers include: Julius High, Val Ovespyan, Phil Simborg, David Mulberg, Herb Roman and Nash Jost, plus Bill Riles, Nick Blasier, Ted Chee, Dorn Bishop, Gus Contos, Art Grater, Erwin Hom, Nick Maffeo, Howard Markowitz, Alfred Mamlet, Rory Pascar, Eric Petersen, Johnny Rockwell, Michael Urban, Jonah Seewald, Norm Wiggins, John Vietor, Paul Mangone, David Klausa, Ernest Ho, Blake Fleetwood.

HOWEVER ALL EYES WILL BE ON . . . .

Steve Sax and Richard Munitz. Steve won the CALIFORNIA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP in 2016 and 2017. He is hungry for the 2018 title. NO PLAYER HAS EVER THREE-PEATED IN CALIFORNIA! When asked what he thought of his chances, Steve said, "I'm no Michael Jordan, who has "Three-peated" twice, but has he ever faced a re-cube in a gammon-save situation with seconds left on the clock? I doubt it. I like my chances as well as well as any of the other fine players who are going to show up for the 2018 California State Backgammon Championship.”

Richard Munitz won CONNECTICUT and LAS VEGAS. Back to back ABT. Were he to win in Los Angeles, it would be the first ever ABT three-peat! Of his chances, Rich says, “I often say that winning a major tournament is so difficult, it is impressive that anyone manages to do it. So nobody's chances of winning are ‘good’. That said, I'm fortunate to be the hottest player on the ABT circuit right now, having won 12 ABT matches in a row, and 15 of 16. I'm certainly not betting against myself in LA!” [Candace’s note: I guess in sports vernacular, Rich is going for a Triple, while Steve is going for a Three-Peat.]

This should be A VERY LIVELY Calcutta!

THERE IS STILL TIME TO REGISTER

Are YOU a spoiler? Are you Advanced or Novice and would like to watch this extraordinary pool of talent? There is still time to register. Either call me directly or go online. NO MORE PAPER REGISTRATIONS. NO MORE CHECKS FOR DEPOSIT. You’ll pay in cash at the event. It takes less time to register online than it does to register on paper. We have space for everyone! Jackpots and Doubles are Thursday, ABT (Open, Advanced, Novice) is Friday.

TO REGISTER: http://gammonassociateswest.com/

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.