[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG and Apple 64-bit

Posted By: Albert Steg
Date: Friday, 23 November 2018, at 7:17 p.m.

Since introducing their new 'Mojave' operating system, Apple has announced that the next OS, probably coming out next year sometime, will require all apps to be 64-bit compatible, and when you run a 32-bit program it alerts you that it will no longer work on the next upgrade.

I run XG on my iMac using the Crossover PC-emulation software, which has worked great till now, but I wonder and worry whether Xavier will be making that leap to 64-bit at some point? I would assume PC's will also at some point be making this leap mandatory for new machines?

Could this be an occasion to also make a Mac-native version of the program?

I for one would happily contribute $ to the effort for such an update (Mac native or 64-bit) -- XG is an indispensable learning tool and I would happily pay several times the original cost of the program in order to maintain its viability on my computer -- at least in the absence of a suitable substitute?

Albert

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.