[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

NY Metro streaming: one critic's review

Posted By: Jim Stutz
Date: Monday, 14 January 2019, at 5:54 a.m.

Excellent streaming from the NY Metro! Anytime I tuned in, all boxes were checked most of the time. Lots of good matches to choose from, if not live than prerecorded. Well lit board and checkers. Score and players names always within view and easy to read. Dice visible ~95% of the time. Clock visible, for the most part. Good audio, which is important to me as a remote spectator even though it distracts me while I'm playing. (The vicarious emotion that I experience as a spectator is enhanced by the familiar sounds of the game. And the colloquy between the players -- when we're lucky enough to hear it -- is often interesting.) The commentary for the finals was high-spirited and informative without taking itself too seriously.

I just have one nit to pick: It would be better not to show any evidence of a match-in-progress score on the Youtube preview screen. It's not as fun for the watchers when they know ahead of time, thanks to the Youtube preview screenshot, that Black at some point will be leading White 13-6 in a 15-point match.

Well done -- thanks to all who contributed.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.