[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Flexible 'gooseneck' Camera mounts?

Posted By: Albert Steg
Date: Saturday, 2 March 2019, at 1:16 a.m.

Related to recent posts about camera-recording set-ups, I'm trying to get situated with a portable set-up. At the Boston Open I rented one of Ross's stations equipped with a Logitech 1080p camera and it worked just fine. I plugged the camera directly into my Apple macBook Air and used the OBS Studio software to capture the files.

So, I would be perfectly happy now that I have the computer/software end sorted out, to buy the same camera . . . BUT I want to also find the simplest possible camera mount that will fit into a roll-away suitcase for air flight. I don't want to have to carry a separate item -- a rigid camera stand in a gunnysack.

Also at the open, I played against a nice young fellow named Kamran, who recorded one of our matches using a flexible 'gooseneck' style mount that simply attached to the table with a strong spring clamp. It seemed ideal -- sufficient height, and flexible so it could be coiled up into a 12" or so diameter that would fit in a suitcase -- but I believe he had one of the GoPro YI cameras. Unfortunately I didn't get his email. The nearest thing I could find online for a Logitech camera was this 25" mount:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071NZ71JS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

. . . which I just received in the mail and it doesn't seem to be long enough.

So, I guess I'm coming at the camera question backwards -- I want a MOUNT that will coil/fold up compactly enough to be in a suitcase, but I also need something that is Apple/Mac compatible. I'm finding it really hard online to be confident what mounts will work with what cameras -- I guess standard mounts specs across brands is too much to hope for?

So, can anyone suggest the ideal mount / camera for my situation? I'd like something that would plug into my MacBoook Air via USB so I can actually see the capture on the computer screen in real time. I know others seem comfortable just going from the camera to a hard drive, but I just get a feeling I'd screw that up and not notice when the camera got jostled or paused somehow.

Is the GoPro 4K YI people have mentioned mac compatible? I'd assume so . . . if so, could someone recommend the sort of mount I'm looking for?

Thanks for any pointers . . . Albert

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.