[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

YI Camera Fail

Posted By: Albert Steg
Date: Tuesday, 12 March 2019, at 3:11 p.m.

Okay I gave up on trying to make my gooseneck setup work with my webcam and decided to go the YI route since it's working so well for everybody. I just got the camera and am trying to get it going, but have discovered that the YI Action app for iPhone crashes instantly when I try to engage with the very first screen. Looking in the review on the app store, I discover that people have been complaining the app crashes for several weeks or months.

Is there a way to use the camera without using the phone app? Looking at the display screen, I see a button for settings and what looks like a "play" button, but when I tap the screen I get a puzzling graphic suggestive of a Key and a lock with arrows flowing from one to the other, but no means of doing anything.

There is nothing in the enclosed instructions that offers any help, since it appears the phone relies on the phone app for control functions?

Has anyone else encountered these problems and gotten past them?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.