[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chow's Checkerplay Challenge #3

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 26 August 2019, at 11:13 p.m.

In Response To: Chow's Checkerplay Challenge #3 (Timothy Chow)

Funny... much of my reaction was opposite to that of Albert's. Overall, I prefer the #1 and #2 boards precisely because of the contrast, plus the appearance seems crisper and cleaner. However, I think you can do best by combining elements of both styles.

My only two objections to #1 and #2 are: (1) the extra-wide bar; and (2) the proportional ocean of distance between near side and far side. Board #3 doesn't have those problems.

I believe I started with the same program you did, then chose colors, narrowed the bar and perimeter, enlarged the dice, faded the point numbers, and incorporated pipcounts. For ideas, you can compare your boards to mine by clicking HERE (scroll down).

Diagram preference is largely a matter of personal taste. (Don't look, Albert!) Unless you have reason to believe that certain elements are going to be much more palatable to your readership as a whole (which is presumably why you are asking), I recommend you tailor your board to your own preferences. You're the one that has to work with them. :)

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.