[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT - Roland Garros 2023 (The French Open)

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2023, at 11:25 p.m.

It's been running a few days now and we've already ousted just a couple on the men's side and quite a few more seeds on the women's side. Any thoughts? Alcaraz for his for RG W without Rafa to defend his crown? Swiatek continues to be Swiatek, especially on clay, and raises the Coupe des Mousquetaires?

Michael Ymer DQ'ed Lyon R16

You could say Ymer overreacted. You could say he obviously can't do that and 'get away with it'. You could but generally speaking, assuming the player is in the right, I agree with the player. I see no reason the umpire shouldn't have checked the mark and nothing is more frustrating and annoying when you're in the right and some dickhole just shakes his head 'no' because he can get away with it. I've always wished there were some real repercussions for poor officiating. Players get fined heaps of cash for their infringements.

Fils/Nakashima SF Lyon wth?

So the other player from the first video, Fils, also is the main character in this video. The score heading into this point is 30-40 with Nakashima serving. (Match point for Fils) As you can see in the video Fils thinks he's won the match (monster win for him) only for the call to be overturned. I'm okay with the call being overturned what I don't get and what nobody brought up at the time (I watched it live) is that they gave Nakashima the point!?

I watched the video in super slow motion and it appears as if Fils made contact at near the same time the out call was made. It looks as if he pulls out of his stroke on hearing the out call. The shot certainly looked like a who gives a f***, the match is over hit. I feel like the point should clearly be replayed as the call could have interfered with Fils playing the ball yet nobody said a word about it. Crickets. What am I missing?

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.