[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

A new PR analysis mode that considers the 'difficulty' of each roll/position

Posted By: Timothy Chow
Date: Saturday, 9 September 2023, at 10:14 p.m.

In Response To: A new PR analysis mode that considers the 'difficulty' of each roll/position (sebalotek)

FB>> look at the heatmap of the resulting position and it might be difficult if the standard deviation of the resulting moves is very different

I made a suggestion about the temperature map here, though I may not have been the first to suggest something along these lines. But as I said before, I've now come around to the view that hand-crafted ideas like this are likely inferior to simply throwing a lot of data about human errors at a machine-learning algorithm, and letting it figure out something on its own. (One could combine these ideas of course; the machine-learning algorithm could be provided not only with the board position and the evaluation of the immediate plays, but also the evaluations of all the opponent's possible responses.)

Here is another conversation about the same general topic that you might want to mine for insights.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.