[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Pathetic BGO, pathetic

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 23 September 2023, at 5:15 p.m.

Do you see the picture below that looks like the main page of the forums? That was taken while I was in Europe after BGO had been back online for roughly 3 months. Do we see a problem here? I do. It shows all posts posted within' the last week and there are 7 gdmf posts. That's one a day. That's anemic. That's 2004 Mary Kate Olsen.

Over the time BGO was down I go a fair amount of requests to get it back up and running again and here we are. It will take some work (postwhoring) to get people back and invested again, even perhaps looking forward to checking if there's something new on BGO but the forums are only and have every only been as good as its contributors. So you, especially you that begged me to get it back online, put your happy ass arthritic fingers to the keyboard and start contributing.

Doesn't everyone still want a place to go for all things BG that isn't Facebook? I hate Facebook mainly because things are all but lost after the blink of an eye so even if something worthwhile was discussed it goes into the Facebook void. Do I charge people too much? Is there somewhere else online that people go that I'm unaware of to get your fix? I feel like a lot more people care about backgammon more than I do but we're at crickets currently. How is it possible there are tournaments being run and nothing whatsoever reported here? No solicitation of upcoming tournaments, no results, not even an ounce of drama we all know you really come for. Vegas tournament right now and Rory has Covid and is running it from his hotel room! Let's go people! Don't make me stop this car.

Pathetic BGO

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.