[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Some random facts from Cannes...

Posted By: Klaus Evers
Date: Thursday, 17 July 2008, at 10:52 p.m.

Just a few more short details:

Overall, there are 155(!) players in the main.

I think there will be about 25 only in the intermediate division, which will start on Friday.

Tournament director Eric Guedj provides official, registered dice for all the events here in Cannes. Their use is mandatory, and he claims that he will confiscate any kind of private dice that he might see on a board.

It is strictly forbidden to use your own dice for whatever backgammon action you are involved in the tournament hall. I like that. It might seem to be superstitious to some, but it absolutely makes a clear mark that Partouche Gammon strongly tries to keep their tournaments and reputation clean and protects the players.

Well known players I saw here in Cannes:

Humke, Wachtel, Tassilo Ryzmann, Pia Jeppesen, Sonnabend, Mattig, Koca, Markowitz, Lylloff, Bredahl, Holm, O'LAUGHLIN, SEQUEIRA, JACOBOWITZ, HILDSBERG, Uli KOCH, ORLOWSKI, TRABOLT, Mochy, Michy, CLARK, Falafel, Katja SPILLUM, Gus Jacobsen Hansen, Karsten Nielsen, Julian Fetterlein, Götz Hildsberg,

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.