[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How do you see the replies from LINUX? (and a position)

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Wednesday, 20 August 2008, at 3:50 p.m.

I left my Windows laptop at home and don't know how to view Stick's replies to openings with LINUX.

I was teaching backgammon classes yesterday (OK, I'll say it first: "pity the students") and this actually came up. First off the woman who double split asked if that was right and I said "unless you're picky Sticky, there are four ways to play the opening 4-3 which are about equal."

But then this came up. Of course I've argued since before Stick was born that an advantage to this opening is the difficulty in replying since most never see it. (Actually I stole this idea from Joe Sylvester who made this point at the 1994 World Cup lecture.)

Tell me if I gave the right answer+explanation, and of course when you're talking to near beginners you shouldn't say "because Stick's rollouts say such-and-such is best. Shut up and roll."

Money Game
Board image courtesy of GO-Figure

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.