[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why Are TD's So Resistant?

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Tuesday, 14 October 2008, at 11:08 p.m.

Neil's posting is quite thorough and, I'm sure, only intended to benefit the game. And, once again, most of his comments and suggestions relate to tournament scheduling -- i.e., clocks.

I don't understand why tournament directors are so resistant to addressing the problems of slow play.

I think everyone, and certainly every director, wants to see our great game become more and more popular. If this occurs, and tournament attendance correspondingly improves, it will become increasingly difficult to conduct a tournament within a compressed weekend schedule.

Obviously, what is a problem now -- look at all of the posts in the last few days/weeks detailing match delays -- can eventually become a disaster in the future.

So, why not address the problem now? Are TD's afraid they will adversely impact attendance? Any number of current players are increasingly frustrated by slow play. Significantly increased attendance cannot be accommodated in the current system.

Are TD's hesitant because they don't want to supply clocks? They don't supply boards. They request that attendees bring their boards. TD's usually have a few spare boards and oftentimes boards are borrowed from players not using theirs. The same could occur with clocks. Ideally, as with boards, there are two potential clock owners playing in each match.

Let's correct the problem now.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.