[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Planning for Clock Forum in LV

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Friday, 17 October 2008, at 5:13 p.m.

If this is going to happen things need to get started.

Unfortunately I won't be going to LV so I can't help on the scene. However, I would be happy to work with others on getting an agenda and a set of questions in place.

I think the most important person in this forum is going to be the moderator. This person needs a lot of qualities, including FAIRNESS, UNBIASEDNESS, respect in the community from both directors and non-directing players, and a STRONG ABILITY to keep things under control. And obviously the person needs to be in attendance.

It would great if a person from Europe who fits the above qualities could be the moderator. But in the two Spring LV events I've attended ('06 and '08) there weren't many Europeans in attendance, period.

For the moderator, from the directors side I believe Patrick Gibson is one obvious choice. I like Steve Mellen from the players' side but I doubt he will be attending. I suspect Patrick will be there, though.

Involvement (particularly moderator, on-site coordinator, and all panelists) will require PREPARATION by all involved. Trying to do this on-the-spot would likely lead to a disorganized mess and a slap-in-the-face for those of us who are strongly advocating an imminent change.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.