[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Catchup #5 - Vegas Clock Forum

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 1 December 2008, at 1:52 p.m.

Those in attendance:

• Justin Nunez - Scribe
  • Patrick Gibson - Organizer
  • Moi - Participant
  • John O'Hagan - Participant
  • Harvey Gillis - Participant
  • Carol Joy Cole - Participant
  • Perry Gartner - Participant
  • Chuck Bower - Participant in spirit
  • Neil Kazaross - Participant in spirit

A few others weren't able to attend because they were working the Vegas tournament. I believe that Lynda came in late and I could be forgetting someone though I can't put my finger on who offhand, maybe one of the participants will have a better memory than I do.

We glossed over possible issues to discuss using something Chuck had prepared and also referenced some of his material in our discussion. I also presented, more or less, Neil's final thoughts on the matter as posted on the forums.

Overall I'd say it was good we had it but not a whole lot came of it. The biggest immediate problem is the flyers for most early 2009 events have been made already so the directors won't switch these events to clocked events regardless.

One thing I hope we are going to organize is an introduction to be given around calcutta time at most of the majors tournaments on why clock use may come to be the standard (for Open level + Masters/Jackpot events) and all of the benefits that stem from using a clock. This will educate the general public and they can express any questions or concerns at that time.

I will happily answer any questions anyone has but there's not much more to say even though the meeting probably ran over an hour. The consensus is directors on the whole at know clocks would be good for both the game and how the tournament is ran but implementing them seems to be the problem.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.