[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Clock Experiment

Posted By: Dan Pelton
Date: Friday, 16 January 2009, at 6:30 a.m.

Tonite was the Phoenix Backgammon Club's monthly meeting. This is the free USBL club with no entry fee, aimed at beginners and intermediates. I brought my clock, and we played all my matches with the clock. Only 4 players this evening, and we played a round-robin with 3 pt matches.

Once the players got used to the clock, things seemed to go fairly smoothly. Old habits are hard to break, the dice were picked up several times at the start but after about 10 rolls each the players seemed much more used to leaving the dice on the board and just hitting the clock plunger.

Surprisingly, I timed-out in 2 of the 3 matches. I thought I was a quicker player than that, but it may have been due to the fact we were playing 3-pt matches. Since this was a new experience for the other players, we decided that running out of time would not cost the match. Clock controls were set at the ABT standard of 2 min/pt and 12 sec delay.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.