[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I know I shouldn't generalize, but...

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Thursday, 22 March 2007, at 4:35 p.m.

In a few years when we look back at the current climate of online BG, are we going to be as disgusted with the whole thing as I'm feeling now?

With a couple exceptions, my feeling about the sites that have cropped up over the last couple years is extremely low. (Obviously the old stalwart, GamesGrid, doesn't fit the mold.)

Consider:

A) outlandish rakes,

B) non-uniform rakes,

C) bias against strong players,

D) totally subjective "reasons" for closing accounts (and keeping the money),

E) bot players abounding (some potentially site-sponsored!),

F) molasses slow payouts,

G) banning of players due to geographic residence,

H) agreeing to sponsor tournaments and then pulling the plug when things aren't going their way,

and the list goes on (I'm sure many of you can add to this).

And don't forget GoL being taken over and now having a second shutdown in the last 2-3 weeks.

I'm all for capitalism if it's HONEST capitalism. That's not what I'm seeing for the most part with these sites.

It's worse than all this if you consider that the reputation of backgammon (which has been very good over the last 25 years) could take a severe beating from bad publicity.

Just be sure to take off your rings before shaking hands with any of these cons.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.