[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Good progress with clocks in Pittsburgh

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Monday, 23 February 2009, at 6:03 p.m.

Things never seem to happen quickly enough, but I must admit pleasant surprise that less than six months ago a bunch of us rabble rousers grabbed our torches and pitchforks and stormed city hall, and then.... people listened AND acted.

At least three people who had the microphone at Pitt (director Maier, auctioneer Fogerlund, and ABT award winner Kazaross) talked to the crowd in a positive way about the current coming age of clocks. Richard played at least one practice match with an interested clock newbie. I provided two of my clocks to the staff and they were both used more than once over the weekend. Many players had their own clocks with them. SEVERAL DOUBLES MATCHES were played with clocks. I had people asking me about setting the GTII. CJC sold four (all that she had) of the new 960T's (is that the right model #?). Bill Davis was talking those up. And there was a bunch more clock usage and discussion that I've either forgotten or was unaware of. I didn't hear of any forfeitures. Did anyone else?

I played six matches in the Open and five of them were clocked! (I asked nicely, twice, in the other match but got a firm but polite decline.) Bill R. was one of those five but the others were not among the vociferous group that has been assembling. I would have bet money I couldn't get more than 50% of my opponents to play on a clock.

We're moving in the right direction. Let's maintain the momentum!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.