[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Clocks at Midwest

Posted By: Chuck Bower
Date: Monday, 23 March 2009, at 4:39 p.m.

Bill Davis (director) mentioned the coming age of clocks at the Calcutta auction on Satuday. They were REQUIRED for the Grand Crystal Beaver (Masters) this year (and in some years past). I believe Bill either stated or hinted that clocks-OR ( = "clocks on request" = "clocks allowed" = "clocks insistable") would be used next year at the Midwest Champs. I'm also pretty sure he said (and many boogoliners were present so please confirm/deny) that this would be true REGARDLESS OF EVENT OR DIVISION!

My first three matches in the Championship were clocked. That was all the singles I played until the LC on Sunday. I left my board and clock in the car and Rory was ready to play our 5-pointer right after my partner and I lost the Doubles semifinal, so I didn't ask and we didn't use one.

I saw several clocks in use by UBK, Stick, MCG, and others. I don't remember any significant delays in the Championship but since I didn't last long in that event I was somewhat insensitive to the issue.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.