[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another Survey Response

Posted By: mfic
Date: Friday, 8 May 2009, at 5:23 p.m.

In Response To: Another Survey Response (Bill Riles)

I take exception (Bill), it was not at my tournament with the "afternoon byes". I even went back to my last four tournament draw sheets and verified it. Sorry.

I have used the two-start times for our last three SUPER-32's (masters)events. I manage the sign-ups for the 2pm and 7pm starts, such that we have at least 8 players in the early start and can go over, but must be in sections of 4 (four) (e.g. 12, 16, 20). This guarantees that at least two rounds can be played by all players starting at the 2pm START-Time.

If the pre-registrations are less than the full 32 (has happened one time so far), we keep the total number even, so that all players should be able to play two rounds. Then, if byes are still necessary, they are randomly assigned in the third (3rd) round.

It does take CLOSE management of the signups prior to the tournament and extra attention during the 2pm and potential re-buy periods. As this thread has solidly expressed, maintaining EQUITY is of utmost importance.

______________patrick (the MFIC)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.