[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The London Open 2009

Posted By: Mike Main
Date: Tuesday, 19 May 2009, at 6:09 p.m.

In Response To: The London Open 2009 (Bob Koca)

I’d love to say that The London Open 2009 was slotted into the already very busy global backgammon calendar so as not to clash with an ABT event but, that would be a lie. And a T.D. telling even a fib is I think not a good idea.

It was however slotted in so as not to clash with A) other British events and B) other major European events.

As you can surmise this will be the first year of The London Open. I set up Bg in London at the start of 2008, had hoped to lay on a London Open 2008 but didn’t get a suitable sponsor for the event so, rather than run a less than desirable event, I decided to not run it at all last year. My policy is of steady and considered growth by laying of events that the market really wants rather than laying on half cooked and baked ideas.

Hopefully The London Open 2009 will be well received by the players that attend which will encourage others to come to it next year. I’ll certainly check the global backgammon calendar before announcing the date for The London Open 2010. Thanx for making me aware that I really should do so.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.